Fort Pikit: More Than A Historical Landmark

Built in 1893 of stone masonry as part of the series of military fortification in Mindanao by the Spanish colonial government. It was used by the American colonial government in 1902 and in 1912-1945. It was occupied by the Japenese Imperial Army and recovered by the American forces in their advancement to liberate Eastern Mendanao during the World War II.

The National Historical Commission of the Philippine had declared Fort Pikit as a National Historical Landmark in March 2012.

How to get here:

Fort Pikit is located right at the back of the Municipal Town Hall of Pikit.

BY AIR accessible via General Santos City, Cotabato City and Davao City airports

BY SEA������ accessible via General Santos, Cotabato City and Davao City seaports

BY LAND accessible by buses & air-conditioned vans������¢���¯���¿���½������¢ Davao City (106kms or 2 hrs travel time)

General Santos City (150kms or 2.5 hrs travel time)

Cagayan de Oro City (390kms or 5 hrs travel time)

Cotabato City (115kms or 2.3 hrs travel time)

    Share This:

    Leave A Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    64 − = 55